Silver Hill Elementary School
Hello Silver Hill Families,
Hope everyone is able to enjoy the cool fall weekend we are having. It is a beautiful time to get outside and have some fun.
I would like to thank grade3 students and staff for sharing their VOCABULARY PARADE on Friday. The costumes and vocabulary words were all amazing! Nice job by all! Watch the school website for pictures coming soon!
If you have time today, please join TEAM HAVERHILL at Academy Lanes 725 S. Broadway Street Bradford, MA today Nov 2, 2019 at 1:45PM.as they kick off their READ and Thrive Book Drive which will run from Nov 3 – Dec 3 to raise money to distribute books to Haverhill children in grades PK-3! Contact Kevin Burke, President of Team Haverhill for more information at email@example.com.
- No school (students) NOVEMBER 5th (Tuesday) – Election Day
- Drop-off starts at 8:30AM and Pick-up starts at 3:15PM.
- Drop Off and Pick Up Reminders: we appreciate your help and consideration to keep all of the students safe!
- After dropping children, please LOOK before pulling out into the bus lane, they cannot stop quickly and are carrying some very precious cargo, our kids!
- Use the drop off lane even if you child has band, a special project, etc. staff can help them if needed.
- Please do not drive into the semi circle bus drop-off and pick up area in the morning or afternoon.
- Please DO NOT park on the left side coming into the parking lot. It makes it difficult for the buses to get through.
- Attendance Matters: “School keeps you safe, it educates you, it prepares you for your future. Don’t miss out!” (powerschool.com)
- NO school (staff and students) NOVEMBER 11th (Monday) – Veteran’s Day
- Jewish Coalition Literacy Tutors are always looking for more volunteers to help our students improve their reading skills. If you or anyone you know may be interested in volunteering at Silver Hill or have any questions about the program, please contact our Reading Coach, Jessica Todd, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Week at a Glance:
Monday 11/4 – PTO Yankee candle order pickup 3:00-6:00pm
Monday 11/4 – Site Council meeting 5:30-6:30PM
Tuesday 11/05 – NO SCHOOL (students)
Thursday 11/07 – Chess Club 8:00-8:45am in room 311 with Mr. Corriveau.
Please email Mr Corriveau at email@example.com if your child has signed up but is unable to attend. This is the last chess club meeting for session 1. Mr Corriveau has graciously offered to run another chess club starting in March. Watch for signups then!
Friday 11/08 – PTO school store open at all lunches! Please help support our students and school when you can!
Friday 11/08- HHS presents “The Man Who Came To Dinner” 7PM
Saturday 11/9 – HHS presents “The Man Who Came To Dinner” 2Pm and 7PM
Upcoming PTO events:
1) Yankee Candle Fundraiser order distribution 3-6pm
2) PTO Meeting – Monday November 18th at 6pm school library
1) Team Haverhill – sponsors Bowling for Books at Academy Lanes 725 S. Broadway Street Bradford, MA on Saturday Nov 2, 2019. This is a kick-off event for the READ and Thrive Book Drive which will run from Nov 3 – Dec 3 to raise money to distribute books to Haverhill children in grades PK-3! Contact Kevin Burke, President of Team Haverhill for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Fine Arts Academy and HHS Drama Club – presents “The Man Who Came To Dinner” on Friday November 8th at 7PM and Saturday November 9th at 2PM and 7PM. Tickets are $5 for students and $10 General Admission.
Have a great weekend and remember to be kind, it truly makes you feel good!
Principal – Silver Hill Elementary
675 Washington Street