Silver Hill Elementary School
Hello Silver Hill Families,
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and is ready for a great week ahead!
Our Sanford Harmony program for social emotional learning is off to a great start! Please ask your children about the classroom “Meet Ups” or “Buddy Up” activities. Last week, I was lucky enough to be invited to share in a “smile” with Mrs Kornachuk’s first grade classroom. It was a great way to make all feel welcome and bring positive energy to the day! I am looking forward to getting into other rooms this week as well!
- Silver Hill Sponsored TOY DRIVE – donations due no later than Dec. 18th (please see attached flyer)
- ATTENDANCE CONTEST: The class with the highest attendance for the month of November is Room 209! Congratulations to Mrs Kornachuk and all of her first grade students! Watch the school website this week for their picture to be posted! Remember attendance matters for greater success all around!
- Canned and Non-Perishable Food Drive 12/6/19 – 12/20/19
To Benefit The Emmaus House This Holiday Season – The class that collects the largest number of most needed items will win a pizza party!
Donate to a good cause and be the winning class.
- Kindergarten – Canned Corn (not creamed) and Canned Carrots
- Grade 1 – Condiments and Spices
- Grade 2 – Spaghetti Sauce & Pasta
- Grade 3 – Canned Tuna and Canned Chicken
- Grade 4 – Ramen and Mac & Cheese
Grade 5 – Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Book Fair in School Library 12/5/19 through 12/12/19 – Book Fair will be open at Parent Teacher Conferences
- Morning Chorus Practice has ended and will resume after Winter break – watch for dates and times
- Grades 4 and 5 Basketball Clinic has a new end time of 5:00pm on Wed and Fri
- COLD weather has arrived, please be sure the students have warm coats, hats, and gloves. If you need assistance with some warm clothing, please just let us know and we will do our best to help out.
- Notices of “School Closing” and “Two-Hour Delayed Openings” due to inclement weather are announced on radio and television by 6:00 A.M.
Radio Stations, WBZ AM 1030, WRKO AM 680
TV Stations 4 , 5, 7 and 10 and the Emergency Snow Line at (978) 469-9078
Week at a Glance:
Wednesday 12/11 – Parent Teacher Conferences 5-6:30PM –
Wednesday 12/11 – TOY DRIVE drop off available
Wednesday 12/11 -HPS registration will be available at conferences for parents who want to make an appointment to register their children for kindergarten 2020/2021 school year.
Wednesday 12/11 – SH Basketball with Mr Sadek, Mr Murphy, Mr Greg, and Ms Leddy (3:45-5:00pm)
Thursday 12/12 – Book Fair Ends!
Friday 12/13 – SH Basketball with Mr Sadek, Mr Murphy, Mr Greg, and Ms Leddy (3:45-5:00pm)
The Weeks Ahead:
- Lost and Found is full. Please remember to take a look at table outside the cafeteria if your child is missing a coat or sweatshirt. All items will be donated after the parent conferences on Dec 11th.
- Dec. 18th – 5:00-8:00pm Title 1 and PTO event – POLAR EXPRESS for Grades K-2
- ROARS Assembly Dec. 20th
Upcoming PTO events:
1) Monday, December 9th – PTO meeting 6PM
2) Tuesday, December 10th – Family Holiday Shopping Night
Time: 4:30 PM – 8 PM
3) Wednesday, December 11th – Parent Teacher Conferences Bake Sale
Time: 5PM – 7:30PM
4)Friday, December 13th – Restaurant Night at Fuddrucker’s in Methuen
Time: 5PM – 8PM
- New YMCA flyer will be shared during the week
Have a great day and remember to be kind, it truly makes you feel good!
Mary Ellen Lucas
Silver Hill Elementary School
675 Washington Street