Silver Hill Elementary School
Report Card Information
As you know from my previous emails, grades closed last week and the students are receiving report cards today. The Haverhill Public Schools has created a portal link video to help with the access to your child’s report cards. You should have received an email from Schoolbrains@haverhill-ps.org with your portal login information when your student started school in the district. If you are having trouble or difficulties, please reach out to portal support via email: Portalsupport@haverhill-ps.org.
Please have the following included in any email to Portal Support:
- Full Name
- Full name of child(ren)
- Full email address (be sure to contact Portal Support from this same email)
- Your child(ren)’s Grade Level(s) and School(s)
- Detailed explanation of issue
K – 4 Information
The report cards are going to look similar to last year’s paper copy except they will be online via school brains. In the link below, please find additional information on the district’s reading assessment.
Grade 5 Report Card Changes
For the 2020/2021 school year, the 5th grade reports cards will look different than in previous years. To maintain uniformity across the district, Silver Hill will be using a letter grade report card system for fifth graders. We understand this is a difficult time for families as well as students and educators. Please bear with us as this is the first time we are implementing this new system of report cards. We are more than happy to do our best to accommodate any issues you may have. As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions, comments, concerns or suggestions.
This year, parent/teacher conferences will be held virtually via Google Meet on January 5th, 2021 from 4:00-5:30 PM. You will be receiving emails from your child’s teacher(s) with information about signing up. Once you have received an appointment link from your child’s teacher(s), you can use those links to sign up for meeting times.
Please use the following steps to register for an appointment. How-To Video
- In the email you received, click the appointment link provided. This will open up a Google Calendar appointment page.
- Once in the calendar, if necessary, scroll over to Tuesday, January 5th, to see available appointment slots.
- Click on the appointment slot that you want to register for.
- A box will appear where you should indicate the following information: your name, your child’s name, and if you require any translation services.
- Click “Save” to ensure that your spot is reserved. This will also generate an email to you and the teacher that will include a Google Meet link to be used the night of parent/teacher conferences.
Please note, that to accommodate as many families as possible, meetings will only be five minutes in length. If you wish to schedule a longer meeting to discuss your child’s progress, please reach out to that teacher individually to set up an alternate meeting time.
I hope this helps.