October 10, 2022
REMINDER: No School on Monday, 10/10, and Early Release at 11:35 on Wednesday, 10/12
Silver Hill School Site Council – Site Council meetings will be held monthly on the second Tuesday of the month. The first meeting will be this Tuesday, October 11th. All meetings will be at 6:30 pm and they will be held virtually. I am still looking for Parents/Caregivers to join the School Site Council.
Get Involved! – Please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in serving on the Silver Hill Site Council or if you have any questions. Thank you!
Cross Country continues on Tuesday morning at 8:00 am. It’s imperative that all runners wear sneakers and bring a water bottle to keep hydrated. Please do not drop your child off until you see one of the coaches outside. Thank you for all your support!
**Also, please do not drop off your child early if they are not part of the Cross Country team.
From Nurse Kelli – K-5 Vision and Hearing testing begins this week.
Smencils are on sale in the office for $1. Money goes to our student activities to help pay for fun and enriching activities for the students!
SAVE THE DATE! – Trunk or Treat – Wednesday, October 19th – On 10/19, from 5:00-6:30 pm, we are excited to welcome all Silver Hill students and families for a fall-themed event with games, crafts, and treats! Keep an eye out for the flyer coming home this week!
Reminders / Updates
- **Please DO NOT drop your children off at the school earlier than 8:45 am. It is getting much colder outside and there is no supervision before 8:45 am
- We have breakfast in the cafeteria now from 8:45-9:00 am. If they arrive after 9:00 am, they can take breakfast up to the classroom, but they may not bring milk out of the cafeteria.
- **Tardies: If you do bring your child after 9:00 am, please come into the school with them to sign them in.
- As a reminder, ALL guests to the building need to be buzzed in by the Main Office. You may not walk in as someone else is leaving. Please help us keep all of our children safe!
- For Car Drop off in the Mornings – PLEASE DO NOT let your child(ren) out of the car until 8:45 when adults come out to greet them. Before 8:45 am, there is no adult presence and it is unsafe to have the students out on the playscape unsupervised.
- As you leave the Silver Hill /Consentino parking lot onto Washington Street, please follow the traffic rules and only turn right. This will help ease the traffic within the parking lot.
Take care and be well.
Donna Martin, Principal
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
Monday, October 10 – NO SCHOOL – Indigenous Peoples’ Day
Tuesday, October 11 – School Site Council Meeting 6:30 pm (virtual) –
Google Meet Link: meet.google.com/gkp-zzdr-xvo
Wednesday, October 12 – Early Release Day 11:35 am dismissal
Thursday, October 13 – K field trip to Sacred Heart for Fire Prevention Week
Wednesday, October 19 – Trunk or Treat fall event at Silver Hill – 5:00-6:30 pm
Thursday, October 20 – PTO – Corn Maze at Crescent Farms
Tuesday, October 25 – The Chicken Connection – PTO Restaurant Fundraiser
Wednesday, October 26 – Progress reports issued
Thursday, October 27 – Parent/teacher conferences
Tuesday, November 8 – No School – Election Day
Friday, November 11 – No School – Veteran’s Day
Wednesday, November 16 – Early Release Day – 11:35 am dismissal
Thursday, November 17 – Picture Retake Day
MS. DUFFY’S KINDERGARTEN CLASS AND MR. ZUBER’S GRADE 5 CLASS WERE THE WINNERS OF THE SEPTEMBER ATTENDANCE AWARENESS CHALLENGE!
THE THIRD GRADE SPENT FRIDAY MORNING LEARNING ALL ABOUT THE WAMPANOAG TRIBE. THEY GOT TO SEE MANY NATIVE AMERICAN ARTIFACTS, FOR EXAMPLE: TEEPEE, WOMAN AT LOOM, MORTAR AND PESTLE, WOODEN BROOM, DOLLS, DREAM CATCHER, PEACE PIPE, BOW, ARROW HEADS, CLAY JEWELRY, HEADDRESS, AND A MUSICAL INSTRUMENT (GOURD HOLLOWED OUT FILLED WITH SEEDS).
Next Meeting of 2022-2023: Monday, November 7th at 6:00 pm. All are welcome! We look forward to seeing you there!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Cookie Dough fundraiser! The orders will be arriving on Wednesday, October 19th.
10/20 – Corn Maze at Crescent Farm from 5:00-7:30 pm
10/25 – The Chicken Connection restaurant fundraiser
SILVER HILL SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL
Get Involved! – Please send me an email at email@example.com if you are interested in serving on the Silver Hill Site Council or if you have any questions.
For Elementary/PreK/K School Parents:
Showing up matters for R.E.A.L because it is an opportunity to:
- Build Routines
- Increase Engagement
- Provide Access to resources
- Support Learning
Routines: Daily attendance routines can reduce stress, increase your child’s self-confidence, and lay a foundation for good attendance in later grades.
Engagement: Participation in school helps your child connect with other children and adults and get excited about learning.
Access to Resources: Schools can give you access to meals, physical and mental health care and other supports, and fun enrichment activities (sports, clubs, music, afterschool, and summer programs, etc.).
Learning: Children learn best from hand-on activities and through meaningful interactions with their teacher and other students.
A reminder that it is very important for your child to be on time to school each day! Please reach out to your child’s teacher or school adjustment counselor if you need any support with getting your child to school.