2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
Hello Silver Hill Families,I hope you are having a wonderful, long Labor Day weekend. My family and I enjoyed the sun, and now the much-needed rain. My son leaves for his sophomore year in college soon, so I’m spending as much time with him as possible now. 🙂
I will be sending newsletter updates out to you weekly. My hope is that you find them helpful and informative.
The first week of school at Silver Hill was terrific! Yes, it was a bit hot the first day or two, but everyone was so excited to get back to school and meet their teachers and see their friends that we all enjoyed our days regardless. And we can’t wait to meet all of our kindergarten friends on Wednesday!
Reminders / Updates
- Please do not park in the numbered spots in the parking lot. These are reserved for Silver Hill Staff. Thank you!
- Students in grades K and 1 need to be met at the bus stop in order to be dismissed from the bus.
- For Car Pick Up, as you pull around the back of the school, please form two lines. If your child is in grades K-2, please stay to the left (hug the school). If your child is in grades 3-5, please stay in the outer lane to the right. If your child in grade K-2 has an older sibling, please stay in the inner/left lane, and their older siblings will join them there.
- If your child is going to be absent: We have an email address parents/caregivers can email if their child is going to be absent:firstname.lastname@example.org
The i-Ready diagnostic tests will begin this week. Please be sure your child has headphones (with a wire) to use during this testing.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
Tuesday, September 6 – No School – Election Day
Wednesday, September 7 – First day of school for Kindergarten
Tuesday, September 13 – Grade 5 band demonstration 10:30 am
i-Ready Assessment dates
Grades 1&2: Reading 9/7 and 9/8
Grades 3-5: Math 9/7 and 9/8
Grade K: ELA 9/22 start
Grades 1&2: Math 9/12 and 9/13
Grades 3-5: Reading 9/12 and 9/13
Grade K: Math 10/3 start
Monday, September 26 – Picture Day
Wednesday, September 28 – Early Release Day
For Elementary/PreK/K School Parents:
Showing up matters for R.E.A.L because it is an opportunity to:
- Build Routines
- Increase Engagement
- Provide Access to resources
- Support Learning
Routines: Daily attendance routines can reduce stress, increase your child’s self-confidence, and lay a foundation for good attendance in later grades.
Engagement: Participation in school helps your child connect with other children and adults and get excited about learning.
Access to Resources: Schools can give you access to meals, physical and mental health care and other supports, and fun enrichment activities (sports, clubs, music, after school, and summer programs, etc.).
Learning: Children learn best from hand-on activities and through meaningful interactions with their teacher and other students.
A reminder that it is very important for your child to be on time to school each day! Please reach out to your child’s teacher or school adjustment counselor if you need any support with getting your child to school.
Thank you VERY MUCH to the PTO for the delicious coffee and breakfast on the first day of school! It was a very generous spread and the entire staff felt very appreciated – thank you again!
Rebecca’s Cookie Dough Fundraiser Starts 9/12 and will run through 10/7. Paper order forms will be coming home with your student this week and online orders can be submitted through here: silverhill.rebeccasnutfree.com
Please share with family and friends and help support the Silver Hill PTO!
D’Empanada restaurant fundraiser on Wednesday, Sept 27th (all day). https://d-empanadas.business.site/
More info to follow!
Have a wonderful week!
Take care and keep each other well.
Donna Martin, Principal