Dear Silver Hill Community,
I hope you all have had a nice weekend! It’s difficult to believe we have entered December and are closing in on 2024!
Pokemon (and other) Cards – Please have your children leave their Pokemon cards at home. We have too many instances of cards getting lost or hard feelings over “trades” at school. Thank you for your help and cooperation.
The district is adding text messaging (SMS) capability to SchoolMessenger Communicate, the system we now use for phone calls and emails – Over the following weeks, families can opt-in to receive text messages from SchoolMessenger texting Y to number 67587.
- If they opt-in before January 2, 2024, they will be pre-approved to receive text messages from Haverhill Public Schools.
- If they do not opt-in before January 2, 2024, they will receive a mass communication from SchoolMessenger to their cell phone number on file in SchoolBrains asking for their permission.
There is more information on the District website, at this link:
Thank you! We are working to keep important communication open and transparent with all HPS families and staff.
SEPAC Update –
RSVP Now! On December 11th, the Haverhill SEPAC and the Dept. of Special Ed. will meet for a presentation on operations, procedures, and a glimpse into the new IEP coming soon. We hope to see you there!
¡Confirma tu asistencia ahora! El 11 de diciembre, Haverhill SEPAC y el Departamento de Educación Especial. se reunirá para una presentación sobre operaciones, procedimientos y un vistazo al nuevo IEP próximamente. ¡Esperamos verte ahí!
Safe Dress for School:
- Please be sure your children have SNEAKERS for days that they have Physical Education (Gym). Crocs and other footwear are not appropriate and can lead to injuries.
- Please be sure your children have coats, hats, gloves, scarfs for outdoor recess. If you need help getting these items for them, please let us know and we’ll help. ***ALSO, the Lost and Found is VERY full!!! If you think your child has misplaced a jacket or other item of clothing, please stop by and look at the Lost and Found.
EARLY RELEASE DAYS: As a reminder, Wednesday, December 13th and Friday, December 22nd are Early Release Days with dismissal at 11:35 am.
Two Ways to get Involved in Silver Hill:
- PTO – Come and join the meetings when you can! They are always on the first Monday of the month at 6:00 pm in the library. The next one is December 4th. They are looking for volunteers to work in the School Store on Fridays during lunches. You must have an up-to-date CORI form completed. Here is the Sign Up Genius form to volunteer for the store: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508094EAFA92AA2FE3-school
- School Site Council – You are welcome to join these meetings as well! They are typically on the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm and are virtual. December’s is the first Tuesday, however, and will be on the 5th. This is a meeting for parents, teachers , and community members to discuss school data and information, identify students’ needs and areas for improvement, and develop and discuss implementation and progress of the School Improvement Plan. For example, last week we worked on developing a survey which will go out to families in early January. On December 5th, we will finalize the survey and begin to plan how we will share out the results with the community. Please join us if you can! Google Meet: meet.google.com/dmm-zdbi-pew
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Donna Martin, Principal
Lost and Found – Our Lost and Found is already growing rapidly! Please be sure to LABEL EVERYTHING – water bottles, lunch boxes, backpacks, jackets, hats, etc. That way if they are misplaced, we can return them right back to your children. Thank you for your help with this!
Attendance – If your child is tardy, please walk them into the office to be signed in. If your child is going to be absent, please call the school at 978-374-3448 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grade 2 Students
sharing their original stories
with each other!
***In order to continue to promote the importance of students attending school daily and on time, we will be having weekly prizes starting November 1st until the end of the year! Please be sure your children are in school, and let us know if you need any help getting them here! We are more than willing to work with you and help!***
For Elementary/PreK/K School Parents:
Showing up matters for R.E.A.L because it is an opportunity to:
- Build Routines
- Increase Engagement
- Provide Access to resources
- Support Learning
Routines: Daily attendance routines can reduce stress, increase your child’s self-confidence, and lay a foundation for good attendance in later grades.
Engagement: Participation in school helps your child connect with other children and adults and get excited about learning.
Access to Resources: Schools can give you access to meals, physical and mental health care and other supports, and fun enrichment activities (sports, clubs, music, afterschool, and summer programs, etc.).
Learning: Children learn best from hand-on activities and through meaningful interactions with their teacher and other students.
A reminder that it is very important for your child to be on time to school each day! Please reach out to your child’s teacher or school adjustment counselor if you need any support with getting your child to school.
Thank you to all who attended the PTO meeting on Monday, November 6th. The next meeting will be Monday, December 4th. All are welcome!! We would love to have many new members, even if you can only be involved a little bit!
DECEMBER LUNCH MENU
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
Monday, December 4 – PTO Meeting – 6:00 pm in the library
Tuesday, December 5 – School Site Council meeting 6:30-7:30 pm (virtual)
Google Meet: meet.google.com/dmm-zdbi-pew
Wednesday, December 6 – Winter Concert 9:45 am – Grades 3 and 4 – more details on flyers above
Wednesday, December 6 – K-8 First Trimester Report Cards Issued
Wednesday, December 13 – Early Release Day – 11:35 am dismissal
Friday, December 22 – Early Release Day – 11:35 am dismissal
Monday, December 25 – Monday, January 1 – NO SCHOOL – Winter Break
Tuesday, January 2, 2024 – School Reopens
Monday, January 15 – NO SCHOOL – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day